It is ok if you panic hearing your employer conducting a hair follicle drug test shortly. You might have consumed alcohol or drugs occasionally or heavily and are afraid they might appear in your drug test.
If you are clean and did not take any drugs, there is nothing to worry about clearing your drug test. If not, you can follow the below-mentioned legitimate tips and tricks to pass your hair follicle drug screening.
Table of Contents:
- How To Pass A Hair Follicle Drug test?
- False Positive Hair Follicle Test
- How To Pass A Hair Follicle Test in 2 Days?
- Tricks That Might Not Help You Pass A Hair Drug Test
How To Pass A Hair Follicle Drug test?
Detox shampoo for hair drug test
Using detox shampoos is one of the best ways to wipe off the drug traces in your hair. Detox shampoos eliminate and prevent product buildup in the hair. It also nourishes your hair and cleans your scalp.
- Detox shampoos should be applied to the wet hair and rinsed thoroughly through the scalp for 7 minutes.
- This will allow the shampoo to enter the cuticle and remove the toxins in the hair.
- Wash it gently until the entire shampoo goes off.
Using detox shampoos at regular intervals will positively affect the hair drug test. A lot of detoxification shampoos are available in the market. Make sure you buy the best detoxification shampoo.
Detox bathing using detox salts is one of the best ways to remove toxins from your body, including your hair.
- Take 2 to 3 cups of Epsom salt and dissolve it in your bath water.
- Soak yourself in the water for 30 minutes. Wash your hair with water frequently.
Epsom salts will remove the toxins from your body and infuse minerals so that you feel fresh and rejuvenated.
Detox salt bathing might work for everyone, but if your hair drug test is very near, it may work for occasional users but not for regular or addicted users.
The Macujo method is one of the effective methods to wipe out the drug usage traces from your hair. It has an acceptable success rate and may work for you to pass your hair drug test.
It is a seven-step process, and you can find the steps right here
Note: It is recommended to use the method five times before the hair drug screening. Learn more about the Macujo method here.
Jerry G Method
Jerry G Method helps specifically to eliminate the THC and other drug traces from your hair for a short period, say ten days.
- Stop smoking illegal drugs for at least ten days.
- On the eleventh day, bleach and dye your hair using ammonia-rich content (Hair cuticles will only open if you stop smoking ten days prior, allowing ammonia to wipe out the metabolites present in your hair.)
- Wash your hair with a detoxification shampoo. Towel or air dry your hair, don’t blow dry.
- After ten days, you need to repeat the above process.
- On the test day, wash your hair with baking soda paste. Baking soda is a reactive base. It will compensate for the acids and neutralize them. Apply baking soda and leave it in your hair for 15 minutes. Wash your hair with detoxification shampoo.
- You can also use Aloe vera detox shampoos to get better results.
- Give a final touch by washing your hair with an ultra-cleaning shampoo or air dry your hair, and you are ready to go.
Jerry G's method has worked for many people, and there is a greater chance it might work for you too. This might not help you if your hair drug test is approaching shortly.
Note: Avoid this method if you have allergies or immune responses to the substances like ammonia, baking soda, and aloe vera.
Using relaxers and specific shampoos, one can pass the hair test since they have the capability of breaking the bond effectively. After several experiments and research, there has been positivity sprouting up for those hair designers.
According to some studies, relaxers have a positive effect when removing toxins from the hair. This is an in-vitro chemical straightening treatment in which the drug-abused hair can get toxin-free to a minimal percentage.
It should be noted that through this treatment, you cannot wholly get toxin-free hair, but you can drastically reduce the number of toxins to a very minimal percentage.
Relaxers might be the best option to remove certain drug chemicals from the hair, including COC, Benzos, etc. The substances are isolated during the extraction and diffused post-treatment.
It has been proven that only a minimal amount of 5% to 30% remained in the hair of individuals who tested positive for illicit drugs.
Two types of treatment are available for removing the toxins from hair - Lye, and No-Lye. Both types are the same except for the ingredient used - the Lye version uses Sodium Hydroxide.
In contrast, the No-Lye version uses Calcium Hydroxide, but there are no specific differences in the extraction of toxins. This shows that the extraction of toxins from hair is not dependent on the alkaline substance we use.
Exercise, Diet, and Hydration
The best way to deduce the drug metabolites from the body is to improve the body's metabolism. If the metabolism is effective and intact, the body will perform better by pushing all the unwanted foreign bodies out of the body and keeping the entire system clean and healthy.
That can happen if you have a proper diet, better bodily function, and oxygenation.
- Take hair-detoxing foods like cucumber, ginger, leafy vegetables, avocados, lean-protein-rich foods, etc.
- Exercises like walking, cycling, and skipping high-intensity cardio exercises might help improve your blood circulation and heart health, thereby increasing your body's metabolic rate.
- Drinking three to four liters of water daily will be optimal for pushing out unwanted drug metabolites much faster.
Use Home-Based Hair Follicle Drug Testing Kits
Home-based drug test kits might help you identify drug metabolites in your hair accurately. This gives you clarity on which methods you should use.
If the THC levels are higher in your hair sample, follow the Jerry G method. Else, follow other ways to clear your hair test. Make sure you choose the best and high-quality hair follicle drug testing kits for your testing purposes.
False Positive Hair Follicle Test
A hair drug test might be the best drug testing method that can provide accurate results, but it might also give false positive drug test results. One of the main reasons is that the hair follicle drug test does not have standard cut-off values, which questions its authority.
What can cause a false positive hair follicle test?
Certain foods and medications might produce false positive results in your hair drug test. Some of the most common things that you should avoid if your hair follicle test is approaching include
- Poppy seeds - You may find poppy seeds in bagels and cupcakes, which might show up as false positives for opiates.
- ADHD medications - Adderall medications belong to the family of amphetamines, and hence they may show up positive for AMP and MAMP.
- COLD medications - OTC flu or cold medicines might contain chemical combinations that might show positive results for methamphetamine.
- Hemp Seeds - Hemp seeds might linger around your body for five weeks, which might get stored in the hair follicles, causing a positive drug test for THC.
- Tonic water - It consists of Quinone, which might show positive drug test results for opiates.
Note: Inform your tester if you are taking ADHD or cold medications. This will help the MRO to conclude the results accordingly.
How To Pass A Hair Follicle Test in 2 Days?
Passing a hair follicle test in 2 days is not achievable if you are a heavy/ occasional drinker. You can surely pass your test if you are not using illegal drugs.
If you are an occasional user, there are chances that the drug traces might show up in your hair drug test. Heavy users might need more than two days to get the drug metabolites off their hair.
So do not get fooled by some products that promise you to help pass a hair drug test in two days.
Tricks That Might Not Help You Pass A Hair Drug Test
- Shaving your head - You may think that shaving your head can help you skip your drug test or escape it, but the tester might take your hair from other regions too.
- Dyeing the hair - Dyeing the hair might not create much of an impact on your hair drug test.
- Bleaching your hair - Bleaching hair or any other chemical treatment might remove the toxins from your hair, but it might not help you pass your hair drug test.
The methods mentioned above may reduce the drug metabolites in your hair but will not help you pass a hair drug test. Whatever methods you follow, you should avoid using any drugs during the process.