The hair follicle Drug test's popularity has been rising due to its ability to detect drugs for up to 90 days (three months). If you are involved in a CPS case, CPS will subject you to a drug test. If CPS suspects your relationship with your child to be of abuse or neglect, the investigator may demand a drug test. Get Hair Drug Test Kit to ensure you are compliant before CPS tests you.
There are various detoxification methods such as the Macujo method, Jerry J method, and applying hair drug test shampoos to pass the CPS hair follicle drug test. To make these precautionary methods work, you should quit smoking weed or any other substances before the CPS drug tests you.
Table of Contents
- Can CPS Demand A Compulsory Drug Test?
- CPS Drug Testing Methods
- Why Does The CPS Conduct Hair Follicle Drug Test?
- How Does A Hair Follicle Drug Test Work?
- How To Pass A Hair Follicle Drug Test?
- Macujo Method
- Jerry G Method
- White Vinegar Treatment
- Hair Drug Test Shampoo
CPS (Child Protective Services) is a branch of the United States Social Services Department that looks over children's protection against any physical or mental abuse or ill-treatment. They function under different names throughout America.
As a United States citizen, anyone can call the CPS to inform about any abusive activities against any child by their parents or guardian. The Good Samaritan information will be kept confidential and would not get revealed under any circumstances unless it is a false accusation.
Even the thought of CPS drug test scares responsible parents. It is not that CPS is life-threatening, but parents are scared of it as it is unpredictable and sensitive. The test decides the fate of the parents to leave the child or take them into custody. It is so sensitive that they take the child from the parents who turn positive on a CPS drug test even due to prescription medications.
Through this blog, we will explore the CPS drug test and how to pass the CPS hair follicle drug test.
Can CPS Demand A Compulsory Drug Test?
No, CPS cannot demand a compulsory drug test. They will need the consent of the person in question to proceed with the drug test. It differs based on the situation. If the CPS suspects you to take drugs and gets a warrant, you cannot refuse the CPS drug test. If you refuse, they would consider you as positive and take your child to custody until you prove yourself clean.
Hence, it is advisable to refrain from any illegal drugs until the drug test is over. If you are not confident, you can use personal hair drug testing kits a few days before the original test to assure that you are free from drug metabolites.
CPS never administers hair follicle drug tests during the preliminary examination to determine the drug presence.
CPS Drug Testing Methods
CPS normally administers urine drug test or mouth swab drug test as part of preliminary testing. If they confirm the presence of drug metabolites, CPS will take your child into custody.
There are cases where the preliminary drug test may lead to false-positive or false-negative results. So, the CPS does a confirmatory hair follicle drug test to confirm the presence of drug metabolites.
Why Does The CPS Conduct Hair Follicle Drug Test?
There are two reasons why CPS conducts hair follicle drug tests. First, the hair follicle retains the drug metabolites for a lengthier period - say a maximum of 90 days. So, if a particular parent has been using drugs for a longer time, he or she would be confirmed of the drug usage.
Second, if the preliminary drug test results prove to be a false-positive or false-negative, the hair follicle drug test is administered to prove the presence of the drug metabolites.
How Does A Hair Follicle Drug Test Work?
When you take any drug, it gets metabolized in the body and forms metabolites. These metabolites get accumulated in the hair follicles, and every hair follicle will retain it as it grows.
When you reach the drug testing center, the tester will collect a hair sample from your head. Normally, they would take the hair from the crown region. If you have no hair on your head or shaven your head on purpose, then hair samples can be collected from any other region on your body.
Many myths are revolving around the hair follicle drug test. One of the most used myths is that shaving the hair from the head and body days before the drug test will help you wipe away the drug metabolites from your body, but that isn't true. The drug metabolites would be present in the hair roots, and it would take time to dissolve - say 90 days.
Hence, it is prudent to follow the below steps to pass the hair follicle drug test conducted by CPS.
How To Pass A Hair Follicle Drug Test?
Whether you are an occasional or a frequent substance user, your body will retain the drug metabolites in the keratin (a hair protein) and the hair root. The drug gets transferred from the hair root to the keratin and stays for a longer period that helps the tester detect a drug's presence. You can follow some of the tried out remedies given below to get through the hair follicle drug test.
1. Macujo Method
This method has been used for a decade and covers a better success rate when eliminating drug traces in hair. This method works effectively for those who have consumed a moderate amount of drugs. It will not show great results for those heavy drug consumers. So, if you have got a false positive or a positive due to medical prescriptions during self-testing before the test, try out this method. Follow the steps carefully.
- Rinse your hair with water thoroughly.
- Apply vinegar to the hair and make sure that it covers all parts of your hair.
- Let the vinegar stay for at least 30 minutes so that the mixture does the detoxification work.
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Use this method at periodic intervals until the drug traces relieve off your hair.
- You can use this method to rinse your hair three times the day before your drug test.
2. Jerry G Method
This method can remove the drug traces off your hair irrespective of your smoking habit. That means it works for the population who uses the drug regularly too. Of utmost importance is that you should stop smoking the drug ten days before you start using this Jerry G Method to clear the hair drug test.
Precaution: You should not try this method if you are allergic to hair dye or sensitive to the products used in this method.
- Ammonia containing hair dye
- Detoxification shampoos
- Baking soda powder
- Ultra cleaning shampoo (any brand that suits you)
Steps to Follow
- Stop taking the drugs ten days before the drug test.
- Take ammonia-filled hair dye and apply it to your hair the day you quit smoking drugs. This process will help you open the hair cuticle and eliminate the toxins by flushing out the drug metabolites out of your hair.
- Leave it for a few minutes (30 minutes to an hour) and rinse it thoroughly using a detox shampoo. Make sure that the hair dye goes off your hair completely after washing your hair.
- On the 10th day, follow the same procedure once more. This time, use the aloe vera shampoo while washing off ammonia.
- On the day of the test, use baking soda paste to wash your hair. This base will help you to neutralize the acids in the hair. Leave the paste on the hair for 15 minutes and rinse it off thoroughly.
- Wash your hair with ultra cleaning shampoo and make your hair ready for the test.
Apart from the above methods, there are other detoxification methods that you can follow to clear the drug metabolites off your hair.
- White Vinegar Treatment - It is a home remedy. Apply white vinegar to your hair and soak it completely. Use salicylic acid to the hair and leave the mixture for 15 minutes. Then use the baking soda soap or powder and clean your hair completely. Apply aloe vera serum to make your hair smooth and comfortable. Make sure that you cover the full head hair while applying the mixture.
- Hair Drug Test Shampoo - There are several hair drug test shampoos available in the market. You can choose the best products among them and use them days before the test. This type of shampoo can help you to relieve off the drug metabolites considerably. This technique generally works fine for occasional smokers. If you are a regular smoker, stick with the Jerry G method to eliminate the drug traces.
Using the above methods, you may pass the hair drug test and protect your child from getting away. However, it will be way better if you quit or avoid taking substances to avoid losing custody.