Cranberries are not a promising solution to pass your drug test because they cannot wade off your drug metabolites entirely from your body. But it may be used as a detox for your drug addiction.
Cranberry cannot wipe away the drug metabolites (primarily THC) from the fat cells. Anyone who claims that they have wiped off the drug traces might have taken additional drinking liquids along with cranberry juice.
Table of Contents:
- Cranberry Overview
- How does Cranberry Juice Work?
- Pros and Cons of Cranberry Juice
- How is THC Processed?
- Why do People Think Cranberry Juice can Help?
- Can I Use Cranberry Juice for a Drug Test?
Cranberries are one of the popular fruits that are native to North America. They are grown in the extensive farmlands of North America, Chile, and Canada. Cranberries are rich in antioxidants and packed with high nutrient contents. Many medical professionals recommend cranberries to reduce the risk of UTI and prevent some types of cancer. Cranberries boost the immune system by increasing the levels of white blood cells in your body.
Cranberries are rich in B-complex vitamins ( B-1, B-2, B-3, and B-6), Vitamin C, and other minerals that improve the overall health and development of your body.
Some of the benefits of cranberry includes
- Improves Iron absorption in your body.
- Block the damage caused by disease-causing free radicals.
- Increase the collagen production that can help in healing wounds.
- Enhance the immune system (white blood cells production).
Cranberries are a promising source for improving health, but do you know that they can affect your drug test results? Before that, you need to know how it works to understand its effects on your drug testing results.
How does Cranberry juice Work?
Cranberry juice is a diuretic like Niacin, Zinc, Pectin, and Aspirin. It increases the frequency of urination. This helps remove the toxins by acting directly on the bladder and preventing the multiplication of bacteria on your bladder. The elimination process may vary based on the intensity of the drug traces in your body.
Cranberry cannot wholly act on the fat cells and eliminate the THC metabolites. They might reduce the level of THC in your body but cannot wipe off the drug metabolites. There are positive and negative effects of taking cranberry juice as a detox.
Pros and Cons of Cranberry Juice
- Have the properties of Antioxidants.
- Packed with vitamins (C, E, K1, B6) and copper, good for the heart.
- Natural diuretic
- Availability in the market.
- Detox properties.
- Only 100% pure cranberry juice offers all the essential health benefits; any other sugar/fructose-rich mix might result in adverse reactions.
- If you are taking cranberry juice for your drug test, then it is not guaranteed that it would beat a drug test all the time.
- Cranberry works more effectively as a detox if it is mixed with niacin and other diuretics.
- They can act as a temporary detox and trace THC and detect it in lab drug tests.
- They could also react adversely to some of the medications. (amoxicillin, cefaclor, cyclosporine, diclofenac, flurbiprofen, midazolam, tizanidine)
How is THC processed?
Once you take THC, it enters the system and stays in your body for a longer period because it is stored in the fat cells.
After smoking MMJ, considerable amounts of dopamine and serotonin flood your brain, thereby creating a euphoric state. The THC metabolites will remain in your body even after the drug’s effect wears off, especially THC-COOH. So, there are greater chances that the drug tests can detect the presence of THC. THC can stay in your system for 3 to 7 days in urine, 48 hours in saliva, and a maximum of 90 days in hair.
But it may differ based on certain factors that include
- Metabolism and diet
- Body fat
- Frequency of MMJ consumption.
Why do People Think that Cranberry Juice can Help?
- It contains Salicylic Acid. (One of the critical ingredients of making Aspirin)
- Taking aspirin some hours before the drug test might result in a false negative. Some sources say that four pills 4 to 6 hours before the drug test might lead to false-negative test results.
- Cranberry juice detox may work on Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique (EMIT) drug tests. ( It hardly works on GC/MS test)
- Cranberry juice contains small amounts of niacin which itself is a diuretic. This can help to remove the THC metabolites from the body.
Take cranberry juice three to four days before your drug test and regularly check with your home based 12-panel urine drug test kit to identify the levels of THC in your body. This would help you gain some confidence before facing your original drug test.
Can I use Cranberry Juice for a Drug Test?
Long-term usage of cranberry juice may help you clear your drug test because it increases the rate at which the body metabolizes and expels the drugs.
You should keep yourself away from MMJ in all forms while taking cranberry juice to get the results. Also, you need to take the juice in enormous quantities along with other diuretics like niacin to obtain benefits.
Typically, you may need to take regular amounts of cranberry juice for more than three days to clean your system from the toxins thoroughly. Some sources believe that it may take more than two weeks to wipe the THC metabolites off your system. Still, there is no proven evidence that cranberry juice can remove the THC metabolites from the fat cells and help pass the drug test.
The fact is, taking cranberry juice may not give you the required results. You need to follow other methods to quicken the detoxification process. They include drinking enormous amounts of water, taking a healthy diet, and doing regular exercises. This can help you reduce the toxins but cannot assure your complete removal of THC from your body.
Removal of THC metabolites from your body depends on the metabolism, fat cells, and smoking frequency. Cranberry juice and other methodologies might fasten the process but cannot wipe off the metabolites completely.
Cranberry juice can reduce the levels of THC metabolites in your body to a considerable amount if taken regularly before your drug test but cannot assure you pass your drug test. You could not let THC into your body in the first place by staying away from MMJ. This may help you to pass your drug test without much effort.