Synthetic cannabinoids or Synthetic Marijuana belongs to a class of substances that acts on various cannabinoid receptors in the brain to relieve pain due to injuries, surgery, etc. It is commonly called by the name Spice or k2.
It is considered a safe substitute for other illegal drugs, but it is not secure enough. K2 overdose may lead to serious side effects and consequences, and even death. The Federal government had banned this drug in 2012.
Table Of Contents:
- Synthetic Marijuana Abuse
- Signs and Symptoms of Synthetic Marijuana
- Behavioral symptoms
- Physical symptoms
- Effects of Synthetic Marijuana
- Detection of Synthetic Marijuana
- Withdrawal Symptoms
But, it is still available in the streets as a cheap alternative to other major illegal drugs like COC or MMJ.
Synthetic Marijuana Abuse
The drug acts immediately and lasts longer in the brain, say, 1 to 3 hours. It is either taken via smoke using a pipe or through rolling the plant in cigarette papers. Some abusers use liquid cannabinoids in which they use electronic cigarettes to consume the drug.
It is called by some local names - Paradise, Genie, Crazy clown, Yucatan, etc. According to some trusted sources, more than 100 people in each United States state have been reported for synthetic marijuana overdoses.
Signs and Symptoms of Synthetic Marijuana
- Extreme and sudden hyperactivity
- Lack of responsibility and lethargy
- Aggression and anger outbursts without any cause
- Confusion and hallucination
- Increase in heartbeat
- Heart pain and cardiac arrest
- Muscle weakness and muscle spasms
- Increase or a sudden drop in blood pressure
- Emotional behavior
Effects of Synthetic Marijuana
- Conflict in the family
- Considering to be alone without relationships
- Inability to work and concentrate
- Cognitive impairment (Irreversible)
- Heart palpitations
- Self-destruction or suicidal thoughts
Detection of Synthetic Marijuana
Drug levels in ng/mL
Greater than 25 ng/mL (Urine)
1 - 3 Days
5 to 25 ng/mL
Nearly 12 Hrs
- Hot flashes / cold flashes
- Addition flu-like symptoms
- Excessive anxiety
- Excessive lethargy
- Feelings of hunger but experiencing an inability to keep food down
- Violent temper tantrums
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- Opens in a new window.
- Opens external website in a new window.