Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), is a renowned synthetic chemical extracted from a fungus and used for medicinal purposes in many countries, including the United States. It belongs to the family of psychedelic drugs, which produce a calm sensation in mind. It acts on the CNS (central nervous system) and creates a state of relaxation for patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Table Of Contents:
If taken above certain limits above prescription, it may lead to severe effects and, in extreme cases, lead to death. LSD is abused in many ways. The most common is the use of blotted paper, where the drug will be disbursed in the blotted paper and would be placed under the tongue or taken directly by mouth.
According to sources, nearly 3.7% of the 12th graders have used LSD at least once. According to another trusted source, roughly half of the people who abuse LSD lie between the age limit of 18 to 25. Henceforth, the U.S. government had put the drug under Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
LSD Signs and Symptoms
- Change of mood
- Lack of appetite
Effects of LSD Abuse
- Lack of concentration
- Excessive and abnormal sweating
- Anxiety and Depression
- Dryness of the mouth
- Visual hallucinations
- Craving for the drug
- Lack of interest in sex drive
- Panic attacks
Detection of LSD
Drug taken amount in ng/mL
250 ng/mL (Urine)
5 to 7 days
The LSD can be easily detected through a Urine drug test as it reacts within 30 minutes of intake and can last up to a maximum of 5 to 7 days in your system. Buy the best employer drug testing kits in bulk to test accurately for LSD and other major illicit drugs.
There are several inpatient and outpatient treatment facilities available to treat LSD addiction.
As you recover, you need to focus on the below steps to prevent relapse
- Attend your treatment sessions without fail.
- Try some new activities and goals to replace involving those with respect to the LSD use.
- Allocate time for your family and friends and spend some valuable time with them.
- Do regular exercises and take a healthy diet. Take proper care of your body as it will help you to heal from the harmful effects and withdrawal symptoms of LSD.